As someone who’s criticized Obama repeatedly, and repeatedly, how’s the evidence shaping up as he moves toward Inauguration? I’ll keep a vague tally over time to keep track or whether I was on the right track or not.
- Net neutrality.
- universal broad(ish) band
If actually implemented, these are right up there in importance with freedom of the press.
- Continuing, sometimes slightly subtle, sometimes atrocious, ignored bigotry. (Since it’s ignored, I can’t give you a link that shows anyone in Obama-world not ignoring what they’re ignoring.)
- Mugs. What celebrates the High Holy Days better than a leftover campaign cup?
- Emails. He has the better part of a billion dollars in campaign contributions. The DNC took on over $11,000,000 in debt just for his convention bash. Common courtesy requires him to use his unspent $30,000,000 in campaign funds to pay off the DNC’s $15,000,000 debt. Instead, as President-elect no less, he’s hitting up the voters to donate yet more money. Bleah.
- Peculiar fundraising resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth in untraceable donations.
Actually, I need yet another category. The hideous:
- Continuing the use of torture and continuing the use of gulags, like Guantanamo.
This country is dead. It just doesn’t know it yet.
Technorati Tags: Obama, Guantanamo, net neutrality